HOME  /  Benefits  /  Refund


As a member of PERA, you have options when you leave public employment. If you are not vested and remain out of PERA service, you should apply for a refund within five years after your last member contribution was made. If you are vested, you may leave your money in PERA for a present or future pension.

Your options depend on your age and years of participation in PERA. To help you decide, see A Refund Is Just One Option brochure. The guide, Important information about your PERA refund and taxes, gives information about taking a refund. To take a refund, you need to fill out the Application for Refund.