Welcome to PERA
We are pleased to welcome you to PERA. As a PERA member, you are a part of Minnesota’s largest public pension plan.
As a PERA member, you contribute a percentage of every paycheck to PERA. In exchange, we provide you a lifetime benefit. Unlike most retirement plans today, traditional pension plans like PERA—also known as defined benefit or DB plans—provide you with the security of a lifetime benefit.
On this page, you’ll find the resources you will need to plan your retirement—whether it is quickly approaching or years away.
MY PERA IS YOUR PERSONAL LINK WITH THE ASSOCIATION
Here you can:
• Review and update your personal information
• View a current estimate of your benefits (just like your PBS), or create your own custom estimates
• Register for conferences and workshops
• Sign up for PERA’s e-publications
• Adjust tax withholding and direct deposit once you begin receiving your benefit, as well as print out tax form 1099R and proof of income reports
WE’VE RECENTLY MADE UPDATES TO MY PERA. NOW YOU CAN:
• Add or update beneficiaries online (active and deferred members only)
• Create and view estimates including a non-spouse survivor (active and deferred members only)
We are here. If you registered with MY PERA and are not sure which email you used to create your account, contact us at 651-296-7460 or 1-800-652-9026. We can help you get back online. Remember, we respect your privacy and will never share your email with third parties.
Security Updates to MY PERA
You can be confident that your MY PERA account is secure. We have recently made significant security updates to MY PERA for your protection. Members can no longer log in to your MY PERA account using your Social Security Number. You must now log on using your registered email address and password. To better protect your private data, MY PERA users will also go through an email verification process before they can access their online account.